Looking after school aged children during school holidays can be both a dream yet also a nightmare. The stress of holding onto your sanity when looking after bored little ones can be tricky but having time to spend breakfast with your children is also unmatchable. As a bonus, for families calling London home means they’re also close to hundreds of activities and entertainment attractive all ages, budgets and interests during the half term. Whether it’s deciding where to eat, which activity to try or simply enjoying the outdoors, London has you covered. So, if you’ve left occupying your kids’ half-term to the last minute, we’ve selected the best kid-orientated activities based broadly in each corner of London for you..
- For an activity outdoors...visit Kentish Town City Farm for a taste of the country inside the capital.
- Eat at this kid friendly restaurant, The Wells. This Hamstead pub is perfectly situated to refuel after a park runabout with the kids!
- For something better than the latest blockbuster...visit London's home of puppetry at the Little Angel Theatre.
- To try something new...and visit the High Ropes Course at Alexandra Park. It's not every day you can unleash your inner primate!
- For an activity outdoors...Take kids who are 8+ Go Karting in London, Mitcham!
- Eat at this kid friendly restaurant, Vauxhall City Farm's cafe.
- For something better than the latest blockbuster...discover the history of time itself at the Royal Observatory, Greenwich!
- To try something new, visit Bunker 51 for an intense session of indoor paint balling or laser tag.
- For an activity outdoors... pick some flowers at this green oasis!
- Eat at this kid friendly restaurant, Poppies. It's the perfect place to enjoy a seaside classic amongst the big smoke!
- For something better than the latest blockbuster...get old school and rediscover your the love of reading at the Discover Children's Story Centre.
- To try something new, take your toddler to Tots Tunes @ Vortex Jazz Club!
An North/East London bonus, Dalston’s children festival and will be running all day on both Saturdays 26 May and 2 June. All activities are free and tailored for children all ages. To learn more or download the programme, click here.
- For an activity outdoors... visit this urban oasis just ten minutes away from Hammersmith.
Eat at this kid friendly restaurant, visit Shepherd's Bush's Old Laundry Yard!
Something better than the latest blockbuster...check out this unique museum in Brentford.
Try something new, reach the skies at this trampoline park in Acton!
The best of half term in Central London
- For an activity outdoors...watch Peter Pan and other classics performed at Regent's Park's Open Air Theatre
- Eat at this kid friendly restaurant, visit the Rain forest Cafe.
- Something better than the latest blockbuster... flutter away at this impressive exhibition at the Natural History Museum
- Try something new, take the kids on an allergen friendly chocolate tour!