“There is growing evidence that regular social interaction can have many positive effects on physical and mental wellbeing, from lowering blood pressure to reducing the risk of depression”*. For Cheviot Gardens residents, a new Shared Ownership development for people aged 55 and over, in West Norwood, South London, loneliness and isolation is never an issue. With slick, modern 1 and 2 bed apartments still available, you or a relative could be part of a community enjoying the independence of a stylish new home and the support of extra care facilities within easy reach of your front door.
Many Londoners hitting their mid-70s and 80s face the prospect of needing extra-care facilities while wanting to keep a busy, active lifestyle without feeling trapped in somewhere that feels like a retirement home. Simon Neary, Head of Sales and Marketing at Notting Hill Sales, comments:
“As a community in its own right, Cheviot Gardens is a great development for people aged 55 and over who love to socialise and keep active. The Older Person's Shared Ownership scheme makes these apartments much more affordable, giving purchasers more disposable income to enjoy themselves and make the most of Cheviot Gardens’ fabulous location and amenities”.
Here is a round up of what makes Cheviot Gardens the ideal place to be:
- Outdoor space: Each apartment is self-contained, benefiting from at least one patio or balcony. See the floorplan brochure
- Communal facilities: Relax together in the restaurant, café or lounge, and take full advantage of the hair salon, therapist room and IT suite, all conveniently on site.
- Extra care facility: Subscribe to personal care packages with a flexible range of services, including assistance with general housekeeping, such as cleaning and laundry, and support with personal care.
- FEAST street market: Meet your extended neighbourhood at the FEAST street market which takes place first Sunday of every month.
- Portico Gallery: Find activities from tea dances and singing workshops to film afternoons and yoga.
- Health & Leisure Centre: Special rates for over 55s at the West Norwood Health & Leisure Centre.
**Image of recent Macmillan Coffee Morning at Cheviot Gardens