What type of data we hold on you
We will use the information you provide in a manner that conforms to the Data Protection Act. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and we will not keep it for longer than is necessary.
In order for NHG to deliver a service we are collecting the information listed below -
- Name (first and last)
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- The status of the property you live in (rented, owned etc)
- The number of people who live in your home
- The amount you have available for a deposit
- If you have accessibility needs
- The number of children/dependants you have
- The number of bedrooms a potential property must have
We may also record phone calls for training purposes. Before a recorded call, a message will be played asking for your consent and this will need to be given (via a key pad) for the call to be recorded.
How we get the information and why we do we have it
NHG collects your information through online platforms, social media channels, events, telephone conversations, interactions with our sales agents and partnerships with selected partners.
We collect your information to allow us to inform you, and to keep you informed, about properties we believe meet the criteria you have defined for a potential home.
NHG collects personal information for case studies as part of our legitimate interest in promoting the benefits of home ownership and the type of individuals who live in our homes.
NHG will share personal data with companies who will conduct surveys and solicit reviews on our behalf. We have a legitimate interest in sharing this data as it allows NHG to measure and improve the services which we offer.
If you would like your personal information removed or you don’t want your data used for surveys/reviews please email HomeOwnershipDigital@nhhg.org.uk
What we do with the information
We collect your information to allow us to inform you, and to keep you informed, about properties we believe meet the criteria you have defined for a potential home. Where a scheme is managed by an estate agent we will pass your information to this estate agent so they can communicate with you in relation to the scheme you have specified an interest in.
We will also use your data to improve our services, survey you on our performance and create case studies.
Where we have your consent, we may use your information to:
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest. This may include information on marketing properties, events and promotions
- notify you of changes to our service offerings
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide through surveys and engagement
- advise you of business-related opportunities or information
Any involvement with sharing information with partners in done in line with GDPR and carried out under the appropriate contracts and agreements.
We use email platforms to send emails about potential schemes of interest. We decide the audience for an email based on the information supplied to us by home seekers or based on interactions (opens, clicks) with our previous emails. Find more information about this process visit the 'your data' page.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not pass any personal data on to third parties, other than those who either process information on our behalf, or because of a legal requirement, and we will only do so, where possible, after we have ensured that sufficient steps have been taken to protect the personal data by the third party.
Research & Statistics
Anonymised & Pseudonymised data may be used for research and statistical purposes. Any data collected may be used for research and statistical purposes that are relevant and compatible with the purpose that the data was collected for.
How we store your information?
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept after all action on your claim has finished and the period required by the council for legal and audit purposes has passed. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
Listed below are the platforms we use to store data, the type of data they hold and how long we store it for –
- In our internal secured databases (such as Dynamics CRM)
- Externally, we use the following suppliers who are GDPR compliant
- Trust Pilot
We store data for 2 years from the date of collection.
What rights do I have when it comes to my data?
Your duty is to inform us of changes. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the Data Protection in writing.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER/TEAM
The data Protection Officer/Data Protection Team is responsible for overseeing compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions or wish to make complaint about how we handle your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Team on the details below:
Data Protection Team
Notting Hill Genesis
1-3 Sussex Place,
If you are not satisfied you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website: https://ico.org.uk/global/privacy-notice/making-a-complaint/
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page. This notice was updated on 01.04.2020